Updated October 31, 2023
- Controller information
The controller of any of your information obtained through the use of first-party cookies on this website is DNA Diagnostics Center (referred hereinafter as “DDC” or “we”), the owner of the website you are visiting (please browse to the “contact section” for details).
This Cookie Notice sets out the basis on which all data that DDC collects on you through tracking technologies like cookies, web beacons or pixels, will be processed by DDC and provides you with information about these tracking technologies and especially about cookies. This information is intended to give you a better understanding of what cookies are and the role they play in your visit to our website.
If you have any questions regarding this Cookie Notice, if you want to submit a request in relation to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
- Which information does DDC collect about me?
DDC may obtain information about you when you use this website.
The information we collect about you includes:
- your identity (such as Internet Protocol Address);
- device event information such as browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL;
- your preferences such as language settings, website notifications, or alerts;
- your location;
- what content you view or pages you visit;
- search enquiries you make using our site search.
- How does DDC collect information about me?
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Analytics Cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
3.1 How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
For more general information about cookies, web beacons, pixels or other similar technologies and how to disable them through your browser, visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/all-about-cookies.
You can easily accept or reject each of the cookies, web beacons or pixels on this site by adjusting your preferences on the relevant link provided on each of DDC’s webpages titled Cookie Preferences.
3.2 We collect information about you via parameter tracking
We may also use ETag, which is an HTTP protocol header field mainly used to validate web caches and allow more efficient browsing. It has also been used for cookie-like purposes.
3.3 We collect information about you via third parties
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on other websites because we may contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt in for or opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. Because those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it, and because that page is not operated by DDC, we are unable to perform the opt-ins or opt-outs on your behalf.
- Which processing ground(s) do you rely upon for processing my personal information?
- Who will my personal information be transferred to?
Your personal data might be transferred to any DDC affiliates. These affiliates operate internationally and may be outside the European Union or United States. We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors to third parties except as described below.
- to trusted businesses or persons to process your personal information for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with applicable data privacy regulations;
- to service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf;
- to companies, organizations or individuals outside of DDC if we have a good reason to believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- execute and enforce contractual terms;
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DDC, our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings;
- to third parties as part of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
- 6. Which rights do I have over my personal data?
You have the right to ask for:
- accessing your data;
- rectifying your data;
- restricting the processing of your data;
- withdrawing your consent at any time as explained above;
- erasing your data
You may submit relevant request in this respect through our dedicated contact point mentioned in this Cookie Notice. You also have the right to complain to the relevant national data protection authority in case these rights are not complied with. For EU visitors, an overview of the national data protection authorities is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
- 7. Links to other sites
We provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. If you follow such links, this Cookie Notice will no longer apply. These websites may have their own privacy notice or policies in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked websites or their use.
- 8. Changes to this Cookie Notice
We recognize that transparency is an ongoing responsibility so we will keep this Cookie Notice under regular review. We will always update this Cookie Notice on our website, so please read or print it when you visit the website (the revision date can be found on the top of this Cookie Notice).
- 9. Contact
DNA Diagnostics Center
1 DDC WAY
Fairfield, OH 45014