UK DNA Test for Passport Applicants
When you need a DNA test for a UK passport, the experts at DDC are ready to assist
Where Can I Get a DNA Test for a UK Passport?
DDC is accredited by the Ministry of Justice for UK passport DNA testing. The UK Border Agency, Passport Office, and embassies require that immigration DNA tests be performed by laboratories certified by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO), and DDC is included on the list of recommended Ministry of Justice (MOJ) laboratories. The DDC laboratory is ISO-certified for laboratory excellence according to the ISO/IEC 17025 standards.
Contact us today for a free confidential consultation.
NOTE: This page provides information for UK passport applications only. Click here if you seek information for visa applicants.
Overview of DDC Immigration DNA-Testing Process for Passport Applications
1. Once you or your solicitor have applied for your family member’s application, the passport office provides you with a reference number and request that you undergo DNA testing to prove the biological relationship on which you are basing the right to a passport
2. When you have the reference number and request, you may arrange to have the DNA test
3. With the information you provide, one of our passport-application advisors provides you with a clear breakdown of all costs associated with the test
4. The DDC team dispatches kits to your GPs or to our own collection sites. For family members who are overseas, we have a global network of experienced sample collectors to assist with DNA sample collections
5. Family members provide a DNA sample consisting of a simple, painless mouth swab. Each person must present a passport-sized photo to the sample collector and, if they are over 16 years of age, also a government- issued photo-ID document such as passport, biometric residence permit, identity card, PASS card, NEC card, or photo driving licence. A photo ID document or birth certificate is eligible identification for those under 16
6. Once the samples are sent to our laboratory, we perform the necessary testing
7. When testing is complete, we send your DNA test results to you and also directly to the Passport Office, with all supporting documentation. DDC is the preferred HMPO tester for passport cases, so you can be confident that your results will be accepted as part of your application
Upon receiving all the needed samples, the UK passport DNA test is completed within 4-11 working days, depending on the type of test performed.
Why Choose DDC for UK Passport DNA Testing?
Having served thousands of families and processed millions of samples since 1995, DDC is one of the most trusted DNA testing laboratories in the world, and we are ready to help with your UK passport application needs.